Friday, November 4, 2011

Saturday November 5th - Even Da Lawd will be watching!!!



Saban vs Miles, Baton Rouge vs Tuscaloosa, Alabama vs Louisiana, #1 vs #2, Purple n Gold vs Crimson and White, Defense vs Defense, ATLETE vs ATLETE. However and wherever you put the match up emphasis, this my friend, is what college football is all about. For you slow-footed, corn eatn northern boys, please take note of big men WITH speed in this game. For you quick, athletic, yet heartless dudes from the left coast, please take note of what you will see in the NFL: big hard, nasty, brothers and white dudes who have the same athleticism as you but with the capacity to not nut-up when its gut check time. In the S.E.C there is both flash and substance baby. Ahh the S.E.C.  on CBS!!!!

As you can tell, I am all ready for the battle royal Saturday night. Plus, we get the added gift from God to have the game on the night we need to turn back the clocks. It will be a good day for the world. 

In my mind, I do not think the game will not live up to the hype. With this many athletes, we are going to see an unbelievable amount of jaw dropping plays from both sides. It could be Trent Richardson or Spencer Ware carrying defenders. Or it may be Tyrann Mathieu  with a strip, recovery and score. Or it could be a D-lineman running down a receiver down field. Add in two head coaches who are big game coaches and there is no way this game will disappoint.

I really have no prediction for this game and no one I would actually like to see win the game. I have the utmost respect for both coaching staffs and how they prepare their position players to play. Both teams are athletic, but I think what is missed is how disciplined both teams are. This is true both offensively and defensively for both teams. This is what separates these two teams from others.

As stated above, though I am not pulling for one team or another, I do want to see Trent Richardson gain over 125 yards and a few touchdowns. It's not that I want him to show up the LSU defense, it's just that I want him to have a big game in thee big game so that he keeps pace with Andrew Luck from Stanford in the race for the Heisman.  I think Luck is good but he is playing in the PAC 12. There's no real competition out there. I think Richardson deserves the Heisman if he has a great game Saturday night. He is the most brutal, nastiest, one-step-and-go runner in the country. It isn't even close. Plus the dude is NFL ready and come to think of it, he was NFL ready coming out of high school - see picture below. That is a man!

A man among boys

Then there is Tyrann Mathieu of LSU. Dude is a beast on defense and plays ball like an SEC player is supposed to - hard, fast and relentless. Of course he is a graduate of the best high school ever created: ST. AUGUSTINE H.S HOME OF THE PURPLE KNIGHTS AND THE MARCHING 100 where men are raised to greater men. Rise sons of the gold and purple, let our swelling chorus sound.........i regress. I want him to have a monster game also. Not only because he is a graduate of where I graduated from, but because i want him to remain in the Heisman mix.

From purple and gold to purple and gold


This is one game that I am going to sit back and enjoy without the rooting for one side or the other. I don't like traveling to games because plainly, I dislike people and rarely does a game live up to the hype, but this game I would love to be at just for the crowd alone. What people do not understand about the SEC, or football in the South all together, is the knowledge of the fans. And this is not just the men, or the older crowd. I'd put my mothers knowledge of the 'game' of football up against anyone. I know she will be sitting right in front of the TV Saturday night just like the rest of the southern football world.

Besides, even God will be watching.

GO Tigers, Rolllll Tide

No comments:

Post a Comment